Thursday, November 18, 2010

on baking

I have become quite the adventurous baker in the last few weeks. I began with cookies that weren't so adventurous, but they were a hit with the guys that live in my boyfriends dorm. :)
I've worked my way up through brownies and what-not, then last weekend I baked meringue cookies for the first time. They're a little tough to make because they require a lot of time to set and rise, and tampering with them can make the fluffy meringue fall in on itself. But these were a hit too.
I spent most of the day today checking out recipes for my Thanksgiving contributions and I've narrowed it down to a couple. I have to make quite a bit because I'm baking for my family Thanksgiving and Austin (my boyfriend whom you will hear quite a bit about).

1. Pillow Cookies
photo
2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
photo
3. Brookies
photo
4. Cupcake Stuffed Cupcakes
Cakespy: Cupcake-Stuffed Cupcakes
5. Homemade Thin Mints
Cakespy: Homemade Thin Mints

All of which look delicious... if I have the time between driving home to Katy from College Station and if I can somehow convince my mother to buy me what I need before I get home will depend on if I manage to make all of these things for my favorite two families... I will be reporting back with pictures sometime after next Thursday. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment